Day 1 Bilbao-Haro
Day 2 Haro-Bilbao
DAY 1 - Bilbao-Haro
Your bus will depart from Bilbao in the morning. A comfortable bus ride of just 1 hour will bring you to Haro, the wine capital of Rioja. Take a short walk to your luxury 4* hotel, once a convent from the 16th Century. Explore your surroundings, such as the Plaza de la Paz and the beautiful Santo Tomás Church, before enjoying a delicious Riojan lunch at a traditional family restaurant.
This afternoon you will be picked up for a 2-hour excursion in a 4x4 to the vineyards of Haro’s top wineries and its surroundings. Along the route you will learn how the grapes are grown and harvested for wine production. Your guide will also take you to the charming village of Briñas with its stone houses and ancestral homes with coats of arms.
DAY 2 - Haro-Bilbao
Take a nice stroll to the Barrio de la Estación. This part of Haro is known for having the highest concentration of centuries-old wineries in the world. Your first winery visit will be a winery of large production which you will be able to compare with the second one, a small-scale family winery. Each visit will include a guided tour of the winery facilities by a wine professional and end with a tasting of some of their best wines.
Before your bus departs for Bilbao, you will have some time to enjoy a tapas lunch on your own in La Herradura, where Haro’s best known tapas bars and traditional restaurants are located.
Wine Escape from Bilbao
Make a quick getaway from Bilbao to discover the magnificent wine region of Rioja. A comfortable bus ride will take you to Haro, the capital of Rioja wine. One night accommodation at a beautiful 4-star hotel set in a former 16th-Century convent. Taste high quality Riojan cuisine at a traditional family restaurant before a guided tour through the vineyards of Haro and the charming town of Briñas. A customized itinerary just for you on day 2 consisting of winery visits and tastings at 2 of Rioja’s top wineries before heading back to Bilbao
- Amazing afternoon tour through the vineyards of top wineries
- Stay at an excellent 4* hotel in Haro
- Delicious Riojan gastronomy and wine
- High quality wine tastings at 2 excellent wineries
- Get to know the inside of a winery and how wine is produced in Rioja
- Roundtrip transportation by bus from Bilbao to Haro (regular coach service)
- One night accommodation at centrally located 4* hotel
- Excellent Riojan lunch at a traditional restaurant in Haro
- Afternoon tour through vineyards and charming Rioja town in a 4x4
- Guided visits in English to 2 of the best wineries in Haro
- Wine tasting at the wineries
- A customized itinerary for your getaway
- Transportation between the bus station to your hotel is not included. (approx. 7-minute walk)
- Transportation to your winery visits is not included. (approx. 10-minute walk from hotel)
- Any product or service not specified in the previous section.
How do I make my reservation?
To make your reservation, simply send us your request by clicking on “Make an enquiry”. We will contact you as soon as possible to confirm availability of your dates.
If booked well in advance, we require a 15% deposit to reserve your dates and the remaining balance is due 1 month in advance or when we send you your itinerary.
I would like to add additional nights in Rioja and book a Private Wine Tour
Yes, of course. Please contact us with your request and we will send you a quote.
Cancellation and changes policy
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled within 7 days prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
Any change request made by the customer after already having booked and confirmed the dates of the trip may imply an additional administration fee of 5% and may also impact the overall trip price due to provider price changes. Cancellation of the trip may be necessary if date changes impact availability (in which case, the cancellation policy will apply).
Day 1 Bilbao-Haro