WHAT WE LIKE MOST ABOUT THIS GETAWAY
- The good location of the hotel in the center of Burgos
- The chance to enjoy the rich gastronomy of Burgos
- Get to know the city of Burgos, a city full of heritage
- The option to discover the Museum of Human Evolution
ABOUT THE HOTEL: One of the highlights of this hotel is the location, just opposite the cathedral. Wake up with the best views in the city. The rooms are comfortable and you will enjoy a powerful breakfast to continue you trip. Surronding the hotel there is the Plaza Mayor and coming from it dozens of streets to have some pinchos and some wines.
LUNCH AT A RESTAURANT. A renowned centrally-located restaurant that specializes in traditional cuisine composed of top quality and seasonal products. The menu consists of:
Welcome: Small tapa of morcilla from Burgos with peppers
Aperitif: Boletus croquettes
Appetizer: Grilled octopus with garlic, paprika and vichyssoise
Main course: Fish (baked coda au gratin with pepper ali oli) and meat (Iberian carrillera cooked with red wine, with potatoes)
Dessert: Postre del Abuelo (fresh cheese from Burgos, with nuts and honey)
Bread, water and Rioja Crianza wine (1 bottle per couple)
OPTION TO VISIT THE MUSEUM OF HUMAN EVOLUTION. The visit of the museum offers a spectacular and exciting view of human evolution. It is a modern building with great historical interest. The museum is closed on Mondays.
Regular visiting hours: Tuesday to Friday from 10:00 to 14:30 and from 16:30 to 20:00. Weekends and holidays from 10:00 to 20:00.
GETAWAY IN BURGOS. THINGS TO DO:
This getaway in Burgos is perfect for getting to know this beautiful city. There are plenty of things you can do in Burgos in a weekend.
We recommend visiting the cathedral, one of the masterpieces of Spanish gothic architecture, declared a World Heritage Site. Its cloister was converted into the interpretation center of the cathedral and exhibition hall of contemporary art.
The historic center of Burgos was declared a Site of Cultural Interest. The Casa de Miranda and Casa de Angulo currently house the museums of Burgos. The Royal Monastery of the Huelgas Reales highlights its gothic cloister and the chapel of the Apostle Santiago. The Cartuja de Miraflores with its impressive polychromatic altarpiece. The Arch of Santa Maria, a stately gate that gave access to the city.
Do not miss the Museum of Human Evolution, a center to understand the evolution of man from the sites of Atapuerca.
And do not forget about the rich gastronomy of Burgos, awarded as the 2013 Spanish capital of gastronomy. Burgos cuisine is nourished with a great richness of products from the earth accompanied by the famous wines of DO Ribera de Duero.
We hope you enjoy your getaway in Burgos.
Getaway in Burgos
Includes: Accommodation and buffet breakfast at the Mesón del Cid Hotel and one high quality meal in a renowned restaurant of Burgos. Burgos was named the 2013 Spanish capital of gastronomy, a recognition for its great quality as well as for its creativity. With this getaway, you will discover the great heritage of Burgos and, of course, its magnificent gastronomy. Optionally, you can also add a visit to the interesting Museum of Human Evolution to your getaway located just 10 minutes from the hotel
- Enjoy one of the best views in Burgos from your hotel. Location is perfect just opposite the cathedral
- A high quality meal at a centrally located restaurant in Burgos, honoured with first prize for the 2013 tapas fair
- Enjoy the city of Burgos, its majestic Gothic cathedral declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, its Plaza Mayor, Arco de Santa María…
- 1, 2 or 3 nights accommodation in a double room at the 3* Mesón del Cid Hotel
- Buffet breakfast
- Lunch at a renowned restaurant (Menu example under “Itinerary”)
- Free wifi
- Check-in: from 14:00
- Check-out: until 12:00
- Price shown includes taxes
- Cultural option to personalize this getaway (to learn more about this option, see “Itinerary” tab)
- Visit to the Museum of Human Evolution. You can add this option during the booking process by clicking on “Optional extras”
- Any service not mentioned above
BOOKING, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION
You can make your reservation by selecting an available date from the calendar. Then select the number of people. To proceed to the payment page click "BOOK NOW".
Payment with American Express
Payment with American Express is not possible through our website. Please contact us if you would like to pay with Amex.
Cancellations can be made up to 48 hours before 12:00 on the date of the first night with a one-time cancellation fee of 3€ deducted for administrative purposes. In the event of cancellation within the 48-hour time frame, no refund will be issued.
In case you would need to change the date of your reservation, the first change is free, a second change has a cost of 3 Euros, and a third change has a cost of 5 Euros.
Changes are not possible within the cancellation policy.
WHAT WE LIKE MOST ABOUT THIS GETAWAY