What we like most about this getaway:
- The quality of the hotel, its location, and the breakfast
- The tasting menu that we have selected to enjoy some of the best gastronomy of Bilbao
- The option of adding an interesting one day trip to discover Rioja wineries
ABOUT THE HOTEL
The Barceló Bilbao Nervión is a 4-star hotel with very high valuation and a remarkable location halfway between the Guggenheim Museum and Bilbao’s old quarter.
Both elegant and functional, the rooms are spacious and equipped with all of the amenities that one would expect from a hotel of its category.
LUNCH OR DINNER AT “ASADOR” RESTAURANT
We have selected a tasting menu in a fantastic grill restaurant that offers one of the best examples of quality Bilbao cuisine. The menu consists of five courses including 2 starters, one fish plate, one meat plate, and dessert.
*Depending on dates of closure and availability, the grill restaurant may be substituted for an alternative restaurant with a different menu but of equal quality.
OPTION – 1 DAY TRIP TO HARO, RIOJA
*We recommend adding this option if you are booking the 2-night stay in Bilbao.
This getaway in Bilbao offers the opportunity to include a 1-day trip to enjoy the wineries and wines of the famous “Barrio de la Estación” in Haro, La Rioja. Roundtrip transportation from Bilbao is included by regular bus service of 1 hour. From the bus station, you will walk to the wineries (15 minutes) and enjoy a guided visit and tasting led by an English-speaking winery professional. Afterwards, you will enjoy a second wine tasting at another important and well-known winery of Rioja. After this fantastic introduction to Rioja’s wines, you will enjoy a Riojan lunch at one of Haro’s best restaurants. Departure from Bilbao is usually 7:30 (8:30 on Saturdays) and return time is 18:00. The exact times and the confirmed itinerary will be provided after receipt of your booking.
Gastronomic Getaway in Bilbao
Includes: Accommodation with breakfast in the Barceló Bilbao Nervión Hotel and lunch or dinner at one of the best grill restaurants of Bilbao. As an option, you can include a 1-day trip to La Rioja where you will visit 2 wineries and indulge in delicious Rioja wines (recommended if you in book 2 nights)
- Enjoy Bilbao while staying at one of its top hotels
- The delicious breakfast included in the package
- Experience excellent Basque cuisine at a quality grill restaurant with a superb tasting menu
- The option to add a 1-day trip to La Rioja (1 hour bus ride) and discover 2 fantastic local wineries
- Accommodation in a double room at the Barceló Bilbao Nervión 4* Hotel (choice of 1 or 2 nights)
- Buffet breakfast (1 or 2 according to length of stay)
- Tasting menu lunch or dinner (2 starters, 1 fish dish, 1 meat dish, and dessert)
- Free hotel wifi
- As an option, you can add a 1-day self-guided tour to the Rioja region. You will receive a customized itinerary that includes roundtrip bus tickets from Bilbao to Haro, 1 guided winery visit in English with wine tasting, wine tasting at a 2nd winery, and a quality Riojan lunch at a local restaurant. (For more details on this 1-day tour, see our “1 Day Wine Tour in Rioja from Bilbao”.)
- Wine or coffee at the grill restaurant in Bilbao
- Any item not mentioned above
BOOKING, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION
You can make your reservation by selecting an available date from the calendar. Then select the number of people. To proceed to the payment page click "BOOK NOW".
Payment with American Express
Payment with American Express is not possible through our website. Please contact us if you would like to pay with Amex.
Cancellations can be made up to 72 hours before 12:00 on the date of the first night with a one-time cancellation fee of 4€ deducted for administrative purposes. In the event of cancellation within the 72-hour time frame, no refund will be issued.
In case you would need to change the date of your reservation, the first change is free, a second change has a cost of 3 Euros, and a third change has a cost of 5 Euros.
Changes are not possible within the cancellation policy.
What we like most about this getaway: