Day 1 Barcelona-Logroño-Laguardia
Day 2 Laguardia-Haro-Elciego-Laguardia
Day 3 Laguardia-Logroño-Barcelona
*The following is the most probable itinerary. It is subject to change depending on availability and days of the week.
DAY 1 - Barcelona-Logroño-Laguardia
Your train to Logroño departs Barcelona in the early afternoon. A comfortable train ride of less than 4 hours will leave you in the Logroño train station, where your driver will be waiting for you. After a 20-minute car ride, you will arrive in Laguardia. Built on a hilltop and surrounded by medieval walls, Laguardia is considered one of the most beautiful and charming villages of Spain. To make this trip even more unforgettable, we have selected a hotel that is a castle. The hotel is perfectly located for you to be able to walk around Laguardia on your own discovering its cobble-stoned streets and medieval walls.
DAY 2 - Laguardia-Haro-Elciego-Laguardia
After enjoying breakfast at your hotel, you will be picked up by your tour guide for your private tour of Rioja. Your day of wine officially starts with your arrival in the town of Haro. You will visit 2 of our favorite Rioja wineries in the famous Barrio de la Estación. Each visit will include a guided tour of the winery facilities by a wine professional and end with a tasting of some of their best wines.
After a bit of sightseeing in Haro, your tour will continue to Elciego where you will enjoy an excellent lunch at a very special location. The restaurant is located in a former wine cave that is centuries old. You cannot leave Elciego without a visit to the world-famous Marqués de Riscal winery. The hotel located next to the winery is of great architectural interest being that it was designed by Frank Gehry. Enjoy your last winery of Rioja before your return to Laguardia.
DAY 3 - Laguardia-Logroño-Barcelona
For the last day of your trip, we will provide possible train departure times from Logroño for you to choose from. Your transfer to the train station will be scheduled according to the departure time from Logroño.
Also, you may choose not to return to Barcelona and continue to a different city in Spain. Simply let us know and we will help to arrange transportation to another city.
Barcelona to Rioja with Private Wine Tour
The best way to discover Rioja from Barcelona. Transportation by train from Barcelona and private taxi to your castle hotel in Laguardia, where you will stay for two nights and enjoy one of the most beautiful villages of Spain. Be picked up from your hotel in Rioja by your guide for a full day of winery tours and wine tasting at some of the best wineries of Rioja. Return to Barcelona by train or continue your trip from Rioja to another Spanish city like Bilbao or San Sebastian
- Private wine tour in Rioja with expert guide
- Sleep in a castle in Laguardia
- Stay in one of the most charming towns of Spain
- High quality wine tastings at 3 excellent wineries
- Roundtrip transportation by train from Barcelona to Logroño (3h.40min)
- Private transportation by taxi between Logroño train station and your hotel on Day 1 and from the hotel to Logroño train Station on Day 3
- Two nights accommodation with breakfast at a castle hotel in Laguardia (if no availability for your dates, the next best alternative will be booked)
- Private wine tour with a professional English-speaking local guide
- Transportation in Rioja during the wine tour, which includes the following:
- Guided tour of 2 wineries in Haro and tasting of top wines
- High quality Riojan meal at a restaurant located in a former wine cave
- Wine tasting at the famous Marqués de Riscal in Elciego
- Any product or service not specified in the previous section.
- Tips for your guide
How do I make my reservation?
To make your reservation, simply send us your request by clicking on “Make an enquiry”. We will contact you as soon as possible to confirm availability of your dates.
I would like to extend the trip and add another tour of yours that I like
Yes, of course, please contact us with your preferences. If you wish to continue this trip to another Spanish city instead of returning to Barcelona, we would be happy to help organize your transportation.
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled within 7 days prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
Day 1 Barcelona-Logroño-Laguardia