Day 1 Barcelona-Logroño-Laguardia
Day 2 Laguardia-Haro-Elciego-Laguardia
Day 3 Laguardia-San Sebastián
*The following is the most probable itinerary. It is subject to change depending on availability and days of the week.
DAY 1 - Barcelona-Logroño-Laguardia
A comfortable train ride departing Barcelona in the afternoon with bring you to Logroño, the capital of La Rioja. For a more relaxing and rural experience, we have selected a hotel in the charming medieval village of Laguardia. Your taxi driver will be waiting for you at the station for your transfer to your castle hotel. Tonight you will sleep like a king or a queen in this castle set on the hilltop of Laguardia and overlooking the beautiful vineyard landscape of Rioja Alavesa.
DAY 2 - Laguardia-Haro-Elciego-Laguardia
This morning you will enjoy breakfast at your hotel before being picked up by your local guide for a full day of wine, gastronomy, and breathtaking landscapes. Your tour includes three wineries of different styles where you will taste quality wines and learn about wine production in this prestigious wine region. Visit wineries in the famous Barrio de la Estación in the town of Haro and admire the architecture of Marqués de Riscal and its wine cellar.
Your tour guide will drop you off at your hotel in Laguardia for one more night of relaxation.
DAY 3 - Laguardia-San Sebastian
For the last day of your trip, you will enjoy breakfast at your hotel and can choose your departure time from Laguardia towards San Sebastian. Transportation will be by private taxi and takes less than 2 hours.
Barcelona to San Sebastian with Rioja Wine Tour
The perfect getaway in Rioja from Barcelona before reaching San Sebastian. You will reach Rioja by train and private transfer to your castle hotel in the charming town of Laguardia in Rioja Alavesa. Relax, explore, and discover this amazing wine region with your private wine tour with local expert guide. The ideal option for discovering Rioja and ending with dropoff in beautiful San Sebastian
- The perfect getaway connecting Barcelona to San Sebastian (or vice versa)
- Private wine tour in Rioja with 3 wineries, lunch, and local guide
- Stay 2 nights in a castle in Rioja Alavesa
- The chance to discover one of the most charming towns of Spain
- Transportation by train from Barcelona to Logroño (usually afternoon train; 3h.40min)
- Private transportation by taxi between Logroño train station and your hotel
- Two nights accommodation with breakfast at a castle hotel in Laguardia, Rioja (if no availability for your dates, the next best alternative will be booked)
- Private wine tour with a professional English-speaking local guide
- Guided tour of 2 wineries in Haro and tasting of top wines
- High quality Riojan meal at a restaurant located in a former wine cave
- Winery visit with wine tasting at the famous Marqués de Riscal in Elciego
- Transfer from Laguardia to San Sebastian
- Any product or service not specified in the previous section.
- Tips for your guide
How do I make my reservation?
To make your reservation, simply send us your request by clicking on “Make an enquiry”. We will contact you as soon as possible to confirm availability of your dates.
I would like to extend the trip and add another tour of yours that I like
Yes, of course, please contact us with your preferences. This tour can also be booked in reverse, starting in San Sebastian and ending in Barcelona.
Cancellation and changes policy
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled within 7 days prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
Any change request made by the customer after already having booked and confirmed the dates of the trip may imply an additional administration fee of 5% and may also impact the overall trip price due to provider price changes. Cancellation of the trip may be necessary if date changes impact availability (in which case, the cancellation policy will apply).
Day 1 Barcelona-Logroño-Laguardia