WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THIS TOUR?
- Enjoy a day in wine country in Priorat and get to know “real” Catalan rural live
- A private tour experience (wine expert guide, hotel pick-up)
- Discover the deep rooted vines of Priorat. Slate and terraces are the basic ingredients for Priorat´s Terroir
- Enjoy high quality Catalan food
- Taste high quality, full bodied red wines
- Discover Priorat a wine region inmersed inside a beautiful natural park.
The following is a sample itinerary for the day. The itinerary is subject to change depending on availability and schedule at wineries.
9:00 Pickup from your hotel in central Barcelona and departure towards Priorat´s wine region
11:00 During the comfortable drive (mostly in motorway) your expert sommelier will tell you about the different wine regions near Barcelona and the history of Priorat. Monks established in Priorat centuries ago and they did it for a good reason. At around 11:00 you will start your first winery visit. We select small family wineries whose wines are a good example of the wine making style of Priorat.
13:00 For your second winery visit we will select another interesting producer, with a different story and wines. Fantastic wines will be tasted at both wineries.
14:30 High quality lunch at one of the beautiful villages in Priorat
After lunch there will be time to enjoy the landscapes of Priorat and then to initiate the trip back to Barcelona. By the end of this day you will keep fantastic memories of one of the most fascinating wine regions in Europe, you will have tasted excellent wines and local food and enjoyed the company of local people that enjoy to share their passion for wine.
Priorat private wine tour from Barcelona
CONTACT US IN CASE YOUR WISH DATE IS UNAVAILABLE. A private full day wine tour to Priorat from Barcelona. Priorat has emerged as one of the world´s most respected wine regions in recent years. Enjoy a wine tour to Priorat with a local expert guide/sommelier. Pickup from your hotel in Barcelona and transportation in a comfortable sedan. You will get to understand the importance of Priorat´s landscape in the quality of its wines. 2 wineries are visited and you will enjoy tastings of quality red wines at each winery. This private tour also includes a quality traditional lunch
Enjoy a wine day to one of the world´s most exiting wine regions: Priorat, a mountainous region which is unsuitable for any other crop except grapes and olives. Priorat has a long history in wine making, but the region was almost forgotten till a group of passionate wine makers decided to invest their time and efforts in this region. Discover 2 small producers with a local wine expert and taste fantastic red wines Enjoy local gastronomy in one of the Priorat´s beautiful villages
- Transportation in a comfortable sedan
- Pickup/drop-off from your hotel or accommodation in Barcelona
- English-speaking guide and wine expert/certified sommelier
- Guided tour of 2 excellent wineries of the Priorat wine region
- Tasting of high quality cavas and fine wines (3 to 4 wines at each winery)
- High quality 3-course meal with wine (vegetarian options available)
- Any item not listed above
- Tips for your guide
How do I make my reservation?
To make your reservation, simply send us your request by clicking on “Make an enquiry”. We will contact you as soon as possible to confirm availability of your dates.
Payment with American Express
Payment with American Express is not possible through our website. Please contact us if you would like to pay with Amex.
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 50% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled within 7 days prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THIS TOUR?