Get to know the world-famous Rioja wine region with this full-day private tour of Rioja. After pickup from your hotel in Bilbao, you will spend an amazing day discovering this well-known wine region with your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide. Your day includes 3 quality wineries in Rioja and a special lunch with wine. After lunch, you will have time to enjoy the charming village of Laguardia with its medieval walls and incredible views before your return to Bilbao … Read More
Traveling by plane is good but enjoying wine country on your way to Madrid from the North of Spain is simply amazing! With this 2 day tours, you will enjoy 2 fantastic private wine tours, one in Rioja and a second one in Ribera del Duero. You will enjoy the company of expert bilingual local guides. Beautiful scenery, top-rated wineries and vineyards, excellent food, and a great hotel for your night in Rioja…
Enjoy real Spain while you travel from Bilbao or San Sebastian to Madrid
Wine country at 2 of Spain´s top region
Senior, friendly local bilingual guides
Top quality vehicles, excellent meals (including the Bistro restaurant at the iconic Marqués de Riscal hotel), and great wines
A fantastic hotel in Rioja
This is probably the best way to get from Bilbao or San Sebastian to Madrid. Spain´s real character is discovered in small villages like the ones covered in this tour, which offers a comfortable way to enjoy in 2 days amazing scenery and local traditions.
Roads in Spain are very safe. Part of the tour uses motorways, part high-quality local roads.
What follows is the most typical itinerary through some variations in the wineries and hotel chose may happen depending on availability at the time of booking.
- Day 1: San Sebastian or Bilbao – Rioja
- Day 2: Rioja – Ribera del Duero – Madrid
If you like this private itinerary but it does not totally match your travel plans, please find out more private trip ideas in this section. Some of them are great to be combined and you will also find longer trips on it.
Share this tour
(Per person based on 4 people)
Contact us to confirm availability
- Dietary restrictions. The tour can accomodate nearly all possible dietary restrictions. You will be requested to provide dietary restrictions through the booking process.
- What it the pick -up time in San Sebastian or Bilbabo? Pick-up is typically at around 8:00-08:30 AM but it is confirmed on a case by case basis
- At what time will we be in Madrid on day 2? At around 19:30. Arrival depends on the traffic found
- Can I be picked up at the airport? Yes, but you should be ready at the airpot to be picked up no later than 9:00 AM to ensure the itinerary is the same. Contact us in case of doubts.
- Can the itinerary be extended in wine country? Let us know about your ideas and we will try to adapt the itinerary to best suit your travel plans
- Can I pay with Amex? You need to contact us to be able to book with Amex
Can I play with a paypal account? You need to contact us if you wish to pay using Paypal
Can I have the name of the wineries we will visit? We do not advertise the names of the wineries visited and prefer not to provide them to ensure we keep the exclusivity of the tour to its maximum for our customers. We only visited small, top wineries that fit perfectly well into the schedule for the day.
- Can I propose which wineries to visit? We understand you may love some wines and would like to visit the winery where they are produced. We are happy to listen to your preferences but please bear in mind that some wines are great, but the wineries not worth visiting. Please bear also in mind that some wineries do not accept visits or are not available on many days. Lastly, visiting certain wineries may imply a huge detour. The local team is expert in Ribera del Duero and Rioja and will ensure your tour includes amazing wineries.
Winetourismspain.com is the most secure, easy and best way to experience the fantastic wineries of Ribera del Duero and Rioja during your stay in Madrid. Not only can we save you the time and effort of organising your winery visits in English, we can also offer you the opportunity to explore the area in luxury and comfort with your own experienced wine expert guide for the day, and really get to know the wineries and high quality wines in the area.
We only work with the best guides and wine producers in Ribera del Duero and Rioja. We are experts in the region and our customers count on our knowledge to build the perfect tour on the chosen day.
You can make your reservation by selecting an available date from the calendar. Then select the number of people. To proceed to the payment page click «BOOK NOW». You can pay the Full booking value or a 20% deposit to get your booking confirmed.
If you are booking well in advance you may prefer to pay a 20% deposit to reserve your date. If you book for less than 30 days we recommend you book paying the full amount. Full balance is requesterd 4 or 3 weeks prior to the starting tour date.
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled 7 days or less prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
Staying in San Sebastian and would like to get to know the world-famous Rioja wine region? Perfect San Sebastian wine tour to discover this fantastic wine country in Rioja with a friendly and knowledgeable local guide. With pickup and drop-off from your hotel in San Sebastian, you will visit different excellent wineries in Rioja and enjoy a delicious traditional meal. Before returning to San Sebastian, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the charming medieval village of Laguardia, the perfect way to end your day in Rioja … Read More
San Sebastian is probably the most famous place for a cooking class in Spain. Immerse in the food culture of the Basque country with a superb cooking class in San Sebastian, Spain´s gastronomy capital. Learn about the preparation of some of the most famous pintxos and also some of the most classic dishes of Basque gastronomy. Enjoy your preparations during the dinner after the class … Read More
This tour from Barcelona to San Sebastian or to Bilbao offers the perfect getaway in Rioja before reaching San Sebastian. You will reach Rioja by train and private transfer to your hotel in the charming town of Laguardia in Rioja Alavesa. Relax, explore, and discover this amazing wine region with your private wine tour with a local expert guide. The ideal option for discovering Rioja and ending with a dropoff in beautiful San Sebastian … Read More