Priorat, in the province of Tarragona, 130 kms south of Barcelona, is one of Spain´s top red wine producing regions. Its geography contributes to the quality of its wines. This is a region to visit for any wine lover during a stay in Barcelona … Read More
Priorat is the ultimate wine region destination for red wine lovers. This Priorat wine tour is perfect for wine enthusiasts who plan to spend one or more nights in Priorat region, or for travelers who arrive by their own means (train from Barcelona or Tarragona or by car) to the region. If you are looking for a Priorat wine tour that includes transportation from Barcelona check this link instead.
This tour is perfect if you stay in Priorat, arrive from Barcelona by train to Priorat or if you wish to be picked-up in Tarragona, Cambrills or Reus (pick-up from these locations outside Priorat are at an extra cost)
Enjoy a wine day tour to Priorat, a region that has become worldwide known thanks to the quality of its powerful Grenache and Carignan red wines. The region´s history is connected to wine since the XIIth century when the monastery of Scala Dei was founded by Carthusian monks. Dramatic landscapes where vineyards and olive trees grow in terraces shape a region dotted with beautiful small villages.
Please note that pick-up can be from the train station in Falset or from a hotel or accommodation in the Priorat region.
With this wine and oil tasting tour you will be:
- Feel like a true local
- Discover with a passionate local expert the unique terroir of Priorat region where vineyards are planted in amazing terraces with soils rich in slate
- Visit 2 small wineries (DOC Priorat or DO Montsant) and taste their amazing red wines
- Learn also about olive oil production and taste fantastic top-quality olive oil
- Enjoy a truly traditional Catalan lunch
The following is a sample itinerary for the day. The itinerary is subject to change depending on availability and schedule at wineries but also can be adapted based on your arrival time to the Priorat region (by car or train). Note that this tour does not include pickup from Barcelona. If you need to be driven from Barcelona look at this other tour.
- Dietary restrictions. The tour can accomodate nearly all possible dietary restrictions. You will be requested to provide dietary restrictions through the booking process.
- Pick-up from Barcelona. This tour DOES NOT include pick-up from Barcelona. If you want to be driven from Barcelona please check-out this other private tour
- What it the pick -up time? Pick-up is typically at around 9:30 AM at your accomodation in Priorat. If you arrive by train to Falset there is certain flexibility to ensure the tour adapts to your arrival time
- Can I pay with Amex? You need to contact us to be able to book with Amex
Can I play with a paypal account? You need to contact us if you wish to pay using Paypal
Can I have the name of the wineries we will visit? We do not advertise the names of the wineries visited and prefer not to provide them to ensure we keep the exclusivity of the tour to its maximum for our customers. We only visited small, top wineries that fit perfectly well into the schedule for the day.
- Can I propose which wineries to visit? We understand you may love some wines and would like to visit the winery where they are produced. We are happy to listen to your preferences but please bear in mind that some wines are great, but the wineries not worth visiting. Please bear also in mind that some wineries do not accept visits or are not available on many days. Lastly, visiting certain wineries may imply a huge detour. The local team is expert in the area and will ensure your tour includes amazing wineries.
Winetourismspain.com is the most secure, easy and best way to experience the fantastic wineries of Priorat. Not only can we save you the time and effort of organising your winery visits in English, we can also offer you the opportunity to explore the area in comfort with your own experienced wine expert guide for the day, and really get to know the wineries and high quality wines in the area.
You can make your reservation by selecting an available date from the calendar. Then select the number of people. To proceed to the payment page click “BOOK NOW”.
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled 7 days or less prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
Check out some other tours that may also interest you. If you are not just staying in Barcelona but plan a longer trip to Spain, we recommend you have a look at Spain´s private tour options on this section.
A private full day wine tour to Priorat from Barcelona. Priorat has emerged as one of the world´s most respected wine regions in recent years. Enjoy a wine tour to Priorat with a local expert guide/sommelier. Pickup from your hotel in Barcelona and transportation in a comfortable sedan. You will get to understand the importance of Priorat´s landscape in the quality of its wines. 2 wineries are visited and you will enjoy tastings of quality red wines at each winery. This private tour also includes a quality traditional lunch … Read More