This is a private Douro valley wine tour from Porto. Get driven in a luxury vehicle and enjoy one of the most fascinating wine regions in the world during your stay in Porto. A fantastic day tour to enjoy local food, wine tasting and amazing landscapes. This is one of the best options to enjoy wine tours in Portugal … Read More
This wine tour from Lisbon offers an inmersion into the wine and wine country of the Alentejo region. Alentejo means literally “beyond” the Tagus. The Tagus is the river that dies in Lisbon and starts in Spain in Castilla.
This wine tour is a perfect opportunity to discover Portugal wine making heritage. The Alentejo region is referred to as the “Portuguese Tuscany” and once you discover its plains, rolling hills and vineyards you will understand why.
The Alentejo region is well-known thanks to its bold red wines and its refreshing whites. Wine making has been known in the area for many centuries. As a matter of fact, Evora´s top highlight is its Roman temple and it was romans that brought wine making.
This region is also well-known to wine lovers due to cork. Portugal is a super power in cork making and the oak forests beyond the vineyards and small villages add to the allure and charm of this rural part of Portugal. We believe a Lisbon wine tour offers so much that it will be one of the top highlights in your trip and an experience to remember for years to come.
- This private tour from Lisbon is one of the best day tours to enjoy from Portugal´s capital and the one that offers the best contrast with Lisbon´s cosmopolitan vibes.
- Enjoy a superb visit to a winery located at a place that will bring you back to roman times with olive trees and vineyards. Besides the amazing landscape the winery produces excellent wines!
- Enjoy truly local Portuguese gastronomy. Some times you have to visit rural areas to discover the real traditional cousine and we have selected a restaurant where you will feel 100% Portuguese.
- Discover Evora, a Unesco site that adds a rich cultural experience to your wine tour.
Visiting Évora from Lisbon can be a wonderful addition to your trip and it is a perfect match for a day in wine country with this wine tour. Évora offers such an amazing contrast to Lisbon. This UNESCO World Heritage site with its medieval architecture and charming small streets is a perfect example of what Portugal and will seem as a different land compared to the energetic and vibrant atmosphere of Lisbon.
Evora is the capital of the Alentejo region and it is well-known by locals thanks to the quality of its local cuisine and its rich history. It´s most iconic landmark is the roman temple (the temple of Diana) but the city also holds a fantastic Cathedral (a good example of Romanesque blended with Gothic styles) and it is also home to La Capela dos Ossos (chapel of bones), a rather macabre attraction that uses human skulls and bones as part of its decoration.
If you are a wine lover and plan to spend some days in Lisbon, this wine tour is a perfect choice to enjoy a beautiful wine region plus the Unesco site of Evora
Share this tour
Price per person based on a group of 4
- Dietary restrictions. The tour can accomodate nearly all possible dietary restrictions. You will be requested to provide dietary restrictions through the booking process.
- What it the pick -up time in Lisbon? Pick-up is at 9:00 AM. Please insert your accomodation details in the booking process.
- At what time will we be back in Lisbon? At around 17:00. Arrival depends on the traffic found approaching Lisbon center
- Can I be picked up at the airport? Yes, but you should be ready at the airpot to be picked up no later than 8:30 AM. If this is not the case it makes more sense to book the tour for the following day. Contact us in case of doubts.
- Can I pay with Amex? You need to contact us to be able to book with Amex
Can I play with a paypal account? You need to contact us if you wish to pay using Paypal
Can I have the name of the wineries we will visit? We do not advertise the names of the wineries visited and prefer not to provide them to ensure we keep the exclusivity of the tour to its maximum for our customers. We only visit small, top wineries that fit perfectly well into the schedule for the day.
- Can I propose which wineries to visit? We understand you may love some wines and would like to visit the winery where they are produced. This is a set itinerary that works very well. We are happy to listen to your preferences but please bear in mind that some wines are great, but the wineries not worth visiting. Please bear also in mind that some wineries do not accept visits or are not available on many days. Lastly, visiting certain wineries may imply a huge detour.
Winetourismspain.com is the most secure, easy and best way to experience the fantastic wineries near Lisbon during your stay. Not only can we save you the time and effort of organising your winery visits in English, we can also offer you the opportunity to explore the area in luxury and comfort with your own experienced driver for the day, and really get to know the wineries and high quality wines in the area.
We only work with excelent drviers and wine producers in Alentejo. We are experts in the region and our customers count on our knowledge to build the perfect tour on the chosen day.
You can make your reservation by selecting an available date from the calendar. Then select the number of people. To proceed to the payment page click “BOOK NOW”.
If you are booking well in advance and prefer to pay a 20% deposit to reserve your date, please contact us by clicking on “Contact Us” and we can then send you a payment link for the deposit
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled 7 days or less prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
This private tour is perfect to explore in 10 days some of Spain´s and Portugal´s top gems. From the vibrant heart of Madrid to the captivating charms of Porto and Lisbon, this itinerary has been tailored by our dedicated team of local experts to ensure you make the most of your time and money. … Read More