This private wine tour from San Sebastian connects two of the most important gastronomic destinations in the world in one day. San Sebastian, a foodie heaven, and Bordeaux, the most important wine region in the world, get connected with this private day tour. Two hand-picked wineries and fabulous wines from Saint Emilion and Pessac Leognan … Read More
Staying in San Sebastian and would like to get to know the world-famous Rioja wine region? Perfect San Sebastian wine tour to discover this fantastic wine country in Rioja with a friendly and knowledgeable local guide. With pickup and drop-off from your hotel in San Sebastian, you will visit different excellent wineries in Rioja and enjoy a delicious traditional meal. Before returning to San Sebastian, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the charming medieval village of Laguardia, the perfect way to end your day in Rioja
What we like most about this tour of Rioja from San Sebastian
– A friendly local guide for the day with vast knowledge of this part of Spain
– Pickup from your hotel and a comfortable ride to wine country
– Enjoy the wines from 3 different wineries
– Wine tasting and delicious gastronomy to fill your heart’s content
– The beautiful vineyard landscapes and traditional village of Laguardia
The following is a sample itinerary for the day tour from San Sebastian to Rioja. The itinerary is subject to change depending on availability and schedule at wineries.
Be picked up from your hotel or accommodation in San Sebastian by your English-speaking local guide for a fantastic experience in Rioja wine country. You will start your day in Rioja in Haro, home of the most famous and old wineries in Rioja, you will go from winery to winery and taste excellent wines from 3 of them. You will learn about wine production in Rioja and get to see the beautiful vineyard landscapes of this world-famous wine region. Taste top-quality wines at each winery guided by a wine professional. After your winery visits, you will enjoy a 3-course high-quality lunch in a lovely restaurant.
After a perfect lunch in Rioja Alta, you will be driven to the beautiful town of Laguardia in Rioja Alavesa. The medieval walled village will make you feel like you have been transported to another century. You are sure to spend a lovely afternoon walking through its narrow cobbled streets as your guide explains this town’s interesting history. From Laguardia, you can also enjoy views of the Riojan landscape that lies beyond its medieval city walls, a nice way to end your Rioja experience before heading back to San Sebastian.
- Dietary restrictions. The tour can accomodate nearly all possible dietary restrictions. You will be requested to provide dietary restrictions through the booking process.
- What it the pick -up time in my accomodation? Pick-up is typically at around 8:30 AM but it is confirmed on a case by case basis
- At what time will we be back to our accomodation? At around 18:00. This may depend on where your hotel o flat is located, and also on the itinerary for the day
- Can I pay with Amex? You need to contact us to be able to book with Amex
Can I play with a paypal account? You need to contact us if you wish to pay using Paypal
Can I have the name of the wineries we will visit? We do not advertise the names of the wineries visited and prefer not to provide them to ensure we keep the exclusivity of the tour to its maximum for our customers. We only visited small, top wineries that fit perfectly well into the schedule for the day.
- Can I propose which wineries to visit? We understand you may love some wines from Rioja and would like to visit the winery where they are produced. We are happy to listen to your preferences but please bear in mind that some wines are great, but the wineries not worth visiting. Please bear also in mind that some wineries do not accept visits or are not available on many days. Lastly, visiting certain wineries may imply a huge detour. The local team is expert in Rioja and will ensure your tour includes amazing wineries.
Winetourismspain.com is the most secure, easy and best way to experience the fantastic wineries of Rioja. This tour offers you the opportunity to explore the area in luxury and comfort with your own experienced wine expert guide for the day, and really get to know the wineries and high quality wines in the area.
We only work with the best guides and wine producers in Rioja wine country.
You can make your reservation by selecting an available date from the calendar. Then select the number of people. To proceed to the payment page click “BOOK NOW”.
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled 7 days or less prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
This private wine tour from San Sebastian begins with a spectacular walk in the town of Zumaia where you will discover the Flysch Route on this beautiful coast of the Basque Country with your local guide. The tour continues to Getaria, a charming fishing village in the Basque Country that ties the land with the sea. You will visit one of its wineries that produce the local txakoli wine and, afterwards, enjoy a delicious meal at one of Getaria’s famous “parrilladas”. Enjoy a nice walk through the village’s beautiful historic center as well as its colourful fishing port … Read More
A unique private gastronomic experience and one of the best tours from San Sebastian. With pickup from your hotel, this private tour will take you to the charming fishing town of Hondarribia situated very close to the French border. Your local tour guide will show you around the old quarter and fishermen´s neighborhood while sharing the town´s fascinating history and way of life. You will enjoy an exclusive meal at one of Hondarribia´s gastronomic societies, a private members-only club that the locals use for enjoying a nice meal consisting of delicious local gastronomy and wine … Read More
Enjoy 2 countries in 1 day with this private gastronomy tour to France from San Sebastian! Take advantage of your stay in San Sebastian to discover Biarritz and some of France and its charming Basque towns. You will visit the splendid towns of Biarritz and Saint-Jean-de-Luz in France and discover local gastronomic products and wines visiting a market and local gastronomic shops. On your way back, get to know the charming town of Hondarribia in Spain, very close to the French border. Enjoy high quality pintxos with your local guide that will be explaining all about the history and gastronomy of this fascinating region along the way … Read More