Discover the best of La Rioja with this short but complete road trip itinerary in Spain´s top wine region in which you will visit emblematic wineries and taste their wines, explore magnificent landscapes, taste the traditional gastronomy of Rioja, get to know its culture and curiosities, and enjoy activities related to the world of wine. We have carefully selected each of the services recommended to make this the best way to discover this wonderful region. … Read More
A perfect introduction to the wines of the Rioja region. A self-guided tour in Rioja, including regular bus service from Bilbao. From the bus station, you will walk to 2 of the best wineries in Haro, the wine capital of Rioja. Enjoy 2 wine tasting sessions at the famous “Barrio dela Estación” in Haro. Half & full-day option available. Choose the full-day tour option for a quality Riojan meal at a local restaurant and extra free time to explore Haro
This is not a guided tour (you will receive a detailed itinerary) and transportation is with a regular coach service that connects Bilbao with Haro in Rioja.
The wineries selected will be located in the town of Haro, the wine capital of Rioja. You will receive an itinerary that will include details of the wineries selected for you and how to get to them. Transportation is included from Bilbao in regular bus service. The distance from the bus station to the wineries is about a 15-minute walk.
This product is the perfect choice if you want to enjoy wine tasting in Rioja from Bilbao, forget about driving and enjoy wine tasting at 2 excellent wineries whilst you have the opportunity to discover Haro and enjoy a quality Riojan meal (in the Full day option)
- No need to worry about driving; a one-hour comfortable bus ride with views of the Riojan landscape
- Stroll from one winery to the next and enjoy learning about and tasting Rioja wine
- Excellent value for money. You will not find this deal anywhere else!
- Quality wineries chosen according to local expertise and personal experience
- Discover local Riojan gastronomy with a 3-course lunch with wine (included in the Full-day tour only)
- Wine tasting of at least 5 quality wines
- Half & full-day options are available
The following is the most usual itinerary for both the half-day and the full-day itineraries The itinerary is subject to change depending on the availability and schedule of winery visits at the time of booking.
*Please note that you will need to walk some 15 minutes from the bus station in Haro to the wineries
- Dietary restrictions. The itinerary (full day option) can accomodate nearly all possible dietary restrictions. You will be requested to provide dietary restrictions through the booking process.
- When will be back to Bilbao? It takes 1 hour to get to Bilbao from Haro. Depending on whether you select the full or half-day option, you can expect to be back in Bilbao at around either 19:00 or 16:30
- Can I pay with Amex? You need to contact us to be able to book with Amex
Can I play with a paypal account? You need to contact us if you wish to pay using Paypal
- Can I propose which wineries to visit? It is not possible to visit other wineries
Winetourismspain.com is the most secure, easy and best way to experience the fantastic wineries of Rioja.
You can make your reservation by selecting an available date from the calendar. Then select the number of people. To proceed to the payment page click “BOOK NOW”.
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled 7 days or less prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
Are you planning a trip to Bilbao in the north of Spain? Are you looking for recommendations for things to do in Bilbao? The city of Bilbao offers one of the best getaways in Basque Country. It is difficult to find a city that has changed so much in such a short amount of time as did Bilbao … Read More
Get to know the world-famous Rioja wine region with this full-day private tour of Rioja. After pickup from your hotel in Bilbao, you will spend an amazing day discovering this well-known wine region with your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide. Your day includes 3 quality wineries in Rioja and a special lunch with wine. After lunch, you will have time to enjoy the charming village of Laguardia with its medieval walls and incredible views before your return to Bilbao … Read More