This tour from Barcelona to San Sebastian or to Bilbao offers the perfect getaway in Rioja before reaching San Sebastian. You will reach Rioja by train and stay at a charming hotel In Logroño, one of Spain´s top tapas capitals! . Relax, explore, and discover this amazing wine region with your private wine tour with a local expert guide. The ideal option for discovering Rioja and ending with a dropoff in beautiful San Sebastian … Read More
We can’t think of a better way to travel from Madrid to San Sebastian or Bilbao! With this private tour from Madrid to San Sebastian, you will combine 2 private day tours to 2 of Spain’s most famous wine regions: Rioja and Ribera del Duero. You will enjoy fantastic landscapes, wineries, gastronomy, and historical sites. Be transported to the north of Spain in total comfort while enjoying and getting to know the essence of Spanish wine country
The most enjoyable way to travel from Madrid to San Sebastian or Bilbao
2 private wine tours in Ribera del Duero and Rioja
- Great scenery and stops at the Unesco sites of Segovia and Burgos
Discover very interesting wineries and enjoy the high-quality local gastronomy, including a superb lunch at The Bistro restaurant of the iconic Marques de Riscal hotel
Excellent hotel in Burgos
High-quality meals and wine tastings
If you need to travel from Madrid to San Sebastian or from Madrid to Bilbao, we believe this is the best way to do it. This 2-day private tour offers a comfortable and fascinating way to get to San or Bilbao Sebastian from Madrid via wine country. Transportation is through safe roads and highways in a high quality sedan or minivan. Hotel pick-up in Madrid and drop-off in San Sebastian or Bilbao are included. You will discover amazing parts of Spain with one of our friendly expert guides.
- Day 1: Madrid – Segovia – Ribera del Duero – Burgos
- Day 2: Burgos – Rioja – San Sebastian
Discover the full selection of private tours we offer in Spain on this section
Share this tour
(Per person based on 4 people)
(Contact us to check availability)
- Dietary restrictions. The tour can accommodate nearly all possible dietary restrictions. You will be requested to provide dietary restrictions through the booking process.
- What it the pick-up time in Madrid? Pick-up is typically at around 9:00 AM but it is confirmed on a case-by-case basis
- At what time will we be in Bilbao or San Sebastian on day 2? At around 18:00. Arrival depends on the traffic found
- Can I be picked up at the airport? Yes, but you should be ready at the airpot to be picked up no later than 9:00 AM to ensure the itinerary is the same. Contact us in case of doubts.
- Can the itinerary be extended in one conutry? Let us know about your ideas and we will try to adapt the itinerary to best suit your travel plans
- Can I pay with Amex? You need to contact us to be able to book with Amex
Can I play with a paypal account? You need to contact us if you wish to pay using Paypal
Can I have the name of the wineries we will visit? We do not advertise the names of the wineries visited and prefer not to provide them to ensure we keep the exclusivity of the tour to its maximum for our customers. We only visited small, top wineries that fit perfectly well into the schedule for the day.
- Can I propose which wineries to visit? We understand you may love some wines and would like to visit the winery where they are produced. We are happy to listen to your preferences but please bear in mind that some wines are great, but the wineries not worth visiting. Please bear also in mind that some wineries do not accept visits or are not available on many days. Lastly, visiting certain wineries may imply a huge detour. The local team is expert in Ribera del Duero and Rioja and will ensure your tour includes amazing wineries.
Winetourismspain.com is the most secure, easy and best way to experience the fantastic wineries of Ribera del Duero and Rioja during your stay in Madrid. Not only can we save you the time and effort of organising your winery visits in English, we can also offer you the opportunity to explore the area in luxury and comfort with your own experienced wine expert guide for the day, and really get to know the wineries and high quality wines in the area.
We only work with the best guides and wine producers in Ribera del Duero and Rioja. We are experts in the region and our customers count on our knowledge to build the perfect tour on the chosen day.
You can make your reservation by selecting an available date from the calendar. Then select the number of people. To proceed to the payment page click “BOOK NOW”.
If you are booking well in advance you may prefer to pay a 20% deposit to reserve your date. If you book for less than 30 days we recommend you book paying the full amount. Full balance is requesterd 4 or 3 weeks prior to the starting tour date.
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled 7 days or less prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
Staying in San Sebastian and would like to get to know the world-famous Rioja wine region? Perfect San Sebastian wine tour to discover this fantastic wine country in Rioja with a friendly and knowledgeable local guide. With pickup and drop-off from your hotel in San Sebastian, you will visit different excellent wineries in Rioja and enjoy a delicious traditional meal. Before returning to San Sebastian, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the charming medieval village of Laguardia, the perfect way to end your day in Rioja … Read More
San Sebastian is probably the most famous place for a cooking class in Spain. Immerse in the food culture of the Basque country with a superb cooking class in San Sebastian, Spain´s gastronomy capital. Learn about the preparation of some of the most famous pintxos and also some of the most classic dishes of Basque gastronomy. Enjoy your preparations during the dinner after the class … Read More
It is very likely that your outlook on life will change after discovering San Sebastian’s gastronomic “pintxo” culture. Pintxos are the Basque version of tapas, an informal way to enjoy dinner while socializing and drinking with friends. Your local guide will introduce you to the authentic pintxo experience in the popular “Casco Viejo” or the old town of San Sebastian. Pintxos (enough for a dinner) paired with 5 wines or drinks. You won’t leave hungry but you will be left with the need to return for more … Read More