Los Agustinos hotel in Haro is located in a spectacular ancient building that has all the modern touches of a luxury hotel. Previously an ancient convent and 19th Century Spanish military assemblage, Los Agustinos welcomes visitors today with its impressive cloister, which has been renovated with a beautiful glass dome ceiling and modern décor. With no doubt Los Agustinos is one of the most elegant hotels in Rioja. … Read More
The building of the Marqués de Riscal hotel in Riojas is a local icon. It was designed by the famous architect, Frank Gehry (also architect of the Guggenheim museum of Bilbao), the Marqués de Riscal Luxury Collection Hotel is a 5* hotel adjacent to the winery which gives it its name. The hotel has common areas from which to enjoy a glass of wine on a beautiful terrace overlooking Elciego.
The customer service is first-rate and every detail is taken care of in order to make the visitor’s experience unforgettable.
This is Rioja´s most luxurious hotel. You will enjoy much more than just accommodation at this amazing hotel thanks to its spa facilities or a tour to the Marqués de Riscal winery. This is Rioja´s most luxurious hotel designed by Frank Gehry (also architect of the Guggenheim museum of Bilbao) You will enjoy accommodation at this amazing hotel, breakfast, spa circuit and a tour to the Marqués de Riscal winery. You will enjoy the most exclusive hotel in Rioja Alavesa and stay not far from Laguardia, Logroño or Haro. Learn about wine, enjoy Riojan gastronomy, and relax at the spa of the hotel located in the small town of Elciego. All in all, a very special hotel for your stay in Rioja A very special hotel for your stay in Rioja
Located in the small town of Elciego., you will enjoy the most exclusive hotel in Rioja Alavesa and stay not far from Laguardia (5 minutes drive), whilst Logroño or Haro are located at 20 minutes drive from Marqués de Riscal. A
“Gehry´s hotel in Rioja” as it is sometimes referred to, offers a unique experience to enjoy architecture, relaxation, wine, and luxury. The Marqués de Riscal is one of the symbols of Rioja wine. The hotel is an example of avant-garde architecture integrated into a beautiful rural landscape in wine country. If you are interested private wine tours in Rioja we recommend you have a look to our Rioja private tours section: a full day of wine touring and tasting while in Rioja to discover different towns and winery styles is an excellent option that we highly recommend.
- The lookout points near the hotel and the spectacular views of the Marqués de Riscal and Elciego
- The quality and details of this extraordinary luxury hotel
- The possibility to relax in the spa area
- The restaurants at the hotel
- Elciego is a town in Rioja Alavesa that is well situated to explore Rioja Alavesa and Rioja. Its location, halfway between Haro and Logroño, is an excellent strategic point to be able to visit both cities. Haro is famous for its Barrio de la Estación, an area with the highest concentration of wineries, and Logroño is famous for Calle Laurel, the lively street perfect for a tapas bar crawl.
- Elciego is also very close to the beautiful towns of Laguardia and San Vicente de la Sonsierra. Beautiful vineyard landscapes await you on the routes from Elciego to these towns.
- Briones is another nearby town that, in addition to its streets and squares, has a very interesting wine museum.
- Other options to add to your getaway in Elciego can be visiting the monasteries of Suso and Yuso and visiting the town of Santo Domingo de la Calzada, a point of interest of the famous Camino de Santiago.
LAGUARDIA PRIVATE TOUR
RIOJA WINE TOURS
Winetourismspain participates in different affiliate programs to offer the best deals for some of the products we do not commercialize but which have been researched by our team of local experts. We aim at recommending the best deals of travel services we believe offer a good experience. By booking through these affiliate links you get the best deals available and contribute to support the content on this site.
Other wine hotels in Rioja
There are excellent hotels in Rioja to enjoy wine country. You can find below some alternatives that may suit your taste or budget better
One of Rioja´s most romantic hotels. Casona de las Amas is located at a beautiful XVII Century Palace hotel. You will stay a fantastic small boutique hotel, with swimming pool. Azofra is on the Camino de Santiago route in Rioja, so you will be able to enjoy a bit of trekking in El Camino! … Read More
The 4 star Villa de Laguardia hotel is one of the best options to enjoy in Rioja. This hotle in Laguardia has one the most complete spas at a hotel in Rioja. it offers excellent value, a very good location 5 minutes walk to the center of Laguardia. … Read More
The Bodega Finca de los Arandinos Hotel, is located near the city of Logrono. Surrounded by vineyards it is a modern building known for its very original design which offers luxury acomodation at a winery! Each of the hotel rooms has balconies offering beautiful views over the vineyards of La Rioja. The rooms are luminous and enhanced by the winery hotel’s contemporary design. The hotel has a spa, which can be enjoyed by guests needing a rest after a full day’s tourism in the region. The spa offers a pool, a hammam, a sauna and a jacuzzi … Read More