With this tour, you will enjoy a superb tasting menu paired with 4 wines at an amazing avant-garde winery.
This private Rioja tour is perfect for lovers of great wines and architectural enthusiasts.
Wineries and cellars are engineered to facilitate the wine-making process. When these needs are enhanced with ground-breaking design and aesthetic flare you get something truly special. Rioja wineries witnessed in the past the designs of architects like Eiffel and in more recent times some of the world’s most acclaimed architects have left their stamp in the Riojan wine country: Zaha Hadid, Frank Gehry, Santiago Calatrava or Iñaki Azpiazu.
Experience this special blend of history and modernity
- 5 different stops illustrate this relationship between wine and architecture
- 3 stops to enjoy wine tasting (2 guided visits and 1 guided tasting session); a varied selection of Rioja wines chosen to display the full spectrum of flavors of this region’s wine.
- A tasting menu with food and wine pairing (4 wines)
- Expert guide well-versed in the region and its culture.
The tour will typically start with pick up at 09:30 (but pick-up time will be confirmed by email once you have booked the tour)
This is a tentative itinerary. The pick-up time will be confirmed and the itinerary times can be slightly modified depending on the appointments made at the wineries.
Share this tour
Price per person based on 4 People
- Dietary restrictions. The tour can accomodate nearly all possible dietary restrictions. You will be requested to provide dietary restrictions through the booking process.
- What it the pick -up time in my accomodation? Pick-up is typically at around 9:30 AM but it is confirmed on a case by case basis
- At what time will we be back to our accomodation? At around 17:30 – 18:00. This may depend on where your hotel o flat is located, and also on the itinerary for the day
- Contact us in case of doubts.
- Can I pay with Amex? You need to contact us to be able to book with Amex
Can I play with a paypal account? You need to contact us if you wish to pay using Paypal
Can I have the name of the wineries we will visit? We do not advertise the names of the wineries visited and prefer not to provide them to ensure we keep the exclusivity of the tour to its maximum for our customers. We only visited small, top wineries that fit perfectly well into the schedule for the day.
- Can I propose which wineries to visit? We understand you may love some wines from Rioja and would like to visit the winery where they are produced. We are happy to listen to your preferences but please bear in mind that some wines are great, but the wineries not worth visiting. Please bear also in mind that some wineries do not accept visits or are not available on many days. Lastly, visiting certain wineries may imply a huge detour. The local team is expert in Rioja and will ensure your tour includes amazing wineries.
Winetourismspain.com is the most secure, easy and best way to experience the fantastic wineries of Rioja. This tour offers you the opportunity to explore the area in luxury and comfort with your own experienced wine expert guide for the day, and really get to know the wineries and high quality wines in the area.
We only work with the best guides and wine producers in Rioja wine country.
You can make your reservation by selecting an available date from the calendar. Then select the number of people. To proceed to the payment page click “BOOK NOW”.
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled 7 days or less prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
Staying in San Sebastian and would like to get to know the world-famous Rioja wine region? Perfect San Sebastian wine tour to discover this fantastic wine country in Rioja with a friendly and knowledgeable local guide. With pickup and drop-off from your hotel in San Sebastian, you will visit different excellent wineries in Rioja and enjoy a delicious traditional meal. Before returning to San Sebastian, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the charming medieval village of Laguardia, the perfect way to end your day in Rioja … Read More
This is probably the most romantic tour of Rioja you will find. Enjoy a 4×4 vineyard tour and get transported to amazing landscapes. This is a tour to enjoy the terroir, including a fantastic picnic at a superb spot where you will enjoy nature, great local ingredients and excellent wines. 2 amazing wineries are included and a selection of wines to understand Rioja distinctive terroir. … Read More
The traditional Rioja wine tour is the perfect way to learn about the most interesting things Riojas has to offer. This Rioja private tour has it all: high-end wines, tastings at 4 different wineries, a fantastic meal…. All part of an itinerary that will stop at the most amazing examples of fantastic architecture with the purpose of wine making. Your tour guide will ensure you enjoy a great day. Our tour is personal, informal, informative and fun! … Read More