Probably the best way to travel from Barcelona to Madrid. This is a fantastic 3 day private vacation package to travel from Barcelona to Madrid. We have selected fantastic hotels, meals and amazing wineries. Travel in style with our luxury vehicles and relax and enjoy while you learn from our senior and friendly guides. This will be a highlight in your trip for sure! … Read More
This private wine tour is probably the best way to travel from Madrid to Barcelona!
Planning a trip to Spain and interested in discovering wine tourism in Spain’s top wine regions? We have designed this tour for you to discover wine country on your way from the Madrid capital to the Mediterranean city of Barcelona. Forget booking a flight or train between these 2 top visited cities. This private 3-day luxury tour will be the highlight of your holiday in Spain. Private tours in Ribera del Duero and Rioja wine regions, high-quality hotel accommodation, top gastronomy, comfortable transportation, and plenty of Spanish red wine!
- 2 private wine tours in one, visiting the most interesting wineries in each region
- Discover 2 of Spain’s most prestigious wine regions: Ribera del Duero & Rioja
- The expertise and friendliness of your local tour guide
- High-quality meals and wine tastings, including a lunch Marques de Riscal, one of Spain´s modern icons
- Amazing landscapes and scenery including the Unesco sites of Segovia and Burgos and the charming walled village of Laguardia.
- Transportation between Spain’s top cities: Madrid & Barcelona
The tour will typically starts with pick-up at 09:00 The following is the most probable itinerary. It is subject to change depending on availability and days of the week.
This private tour from Madrid to Barcelona offers a unique and fantastic way to get from one city to the next. You will have the opportunity to discover 2 well-known and important wine regions of Spain and enjoy the best of Spanish gastronomy and wine. Transportation by private quality vehicle is included on Days 1 & 2 with pickup from your accommodation by your friendly expert guide. On Day 3, you will be driven to the train station to enjoy your relaxing train ride to Barcelona. Also, this tour is the perfect way to discover the contrast between the way of life in smaller cities and towns versus the 2 most visited cities in Spain, Madrid, and Barcelona.
- Day 1 Madrid-Segovia-Ribera del Duero-Burgos
- Day 2 Burgos-Rioja
- Day 3 Rioja-Barcelona (by train)
There are many more excellent options for chauffered tours in Spain in the section on this link.
Madrid, Spain´s capital is a lively city home to top art galleries, the best soccer team in the world and with many historical attractions. At less than one hour from Madrid you will find up to 5 Unesco heritage sites. Barcelona is not just Spain´s second largest cities, but one of the top cities in Europe and probably the most multicultural city in the Mediterranean. Get ready to enjoy the amazing architecture of Gaudi!
Share this tour
(Price per person based on 4 people)
- Dietary restrictions. The tour can accomodate nearly all possible dietary restrictions. You will be requested to provide dietary restrictions through the booking process. Lamb is a traditional dish in Ribera del Duero and it is usually served there. Please indicate let us know if this is not a good option for you.
- What it the pick -up time in Madrid? Pick-up is typically at around 9:00 AM but it is confirmed on a case-by-case basis
- At what time will we be back in Barcelona on day 3? There are normally 2 trains to Barcelona on day 3. As ageneral rule we book the first available train unless it is too early in the morning.
- Can I be picked up at the airport? Yes, but you should be ready at the airport to be picked up no later than 9:00 AM to ensure the itinerary is the same. Contact us in case of doubts.
- Can I pay with Amex? You need to contact us to be able to book with Amex
Can I pay with a paypal account? You need to contact us if you wish to pay using Paypal
Can I have the name of the wineries we will visit? We do not advertise the names of the wineries visited and prefer not to provide them to ensure we keep the exclusivity of the tour to its maximum for our customers. We only visited small, top wineries that fit perfectly well into the schedule for the day.
- Can I propose which wineries to visit? We understand you may love some wines and would like to visit the winery where they are produced. We are happy to listen to your preferences but please bear in mind that some wines are great, but the wineries not worth visiting. Please bear also in mind that some wineries do not accept visits or are not available on many days. Lastly, visiting certain wineries may imply a huge detour. The local team is expert in Ribera del Duero and Rioja and will ensure your tour includes amazing wineries.
Winetourismspain.com is the most secure, easy and best way to experience the fantastic wineries of Ribera del Duero and Rioja during your stay in Madrid. Not only can we save you the time and effort of organising your winery visits in English, we can also offer you the opportunity to explore the area in luxury and comfort with your own experienced wine expert guide for the day, and really get to know the wineries and high quality wines in the area.
We only work with the best guides and wine producers in Ribera del Duero and Rioja. We are experts in the region and our customers count on our knowledge to build the perfect tour on the chosen day.
You can make your reservation by contacting us to confirm availability. A booking link will be sent from where you will be able to book.
If you are booking well in advance you may prefer to pay a 20% deposit to reserve your date. If you book for less than 30 days we recommend you book paying the full amount. Full balance is requesterd 4 or 3 weeks prior to the starting tour date.
If cancelled 30 days before the start of your trip, 15% of the total services cost will be deducted. For cancellations within 30 days of the starting date of the service, 30% of the total cost will be charged. Tours cancelled 7 days or less prior to the first day of your trip are non-refundable. We advise that you consider purchasing Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance.
Check out some other tours that may also interest you below or go tour our selection of private tours to find more ideas and tours to enjoy
This tour from Barcelona to San Sebastian or to Bilbao offers the perfect getaway in Rioja before reaching San Sebastian. You will reach Rioja by train and stay at a charming hotel In Logroño, one of Spain´s top tapas capitals! . Relax, explore, and discover this amazing wine region with your private wine tour with a local expert guide. The ideal option for discovering Rioja and ending with a dropoff in beautiful San Sebastian … Read More
Enjoy Rioja from Barcelona with this 2 and half day tour. The best way to discover Rioja from Barcelona. Transportation by train from Barcelona to Rioja where you will stay for two nights and all the great things Rioja offers. Be picked up from your hotel in Rioja by your guide for a full day of winery tours and wine tasting at some of the best wineries of Rioja … Read More
Design a fantastic road trip in northern Spain from Bilbao to Sntiago de Compostela with this free itinerary planner that includes recommendations to discover the north of Spain by visiting elegant cities such as San Sebastian, Santander and Oviedo and small fishing villages, all with their traditional architecture. This road trip itinerary has been selected as one of Spain’s best holidays by The Times. Our team of local experts recommends top hotels, restaurants, hidden gems, and activities to enjoy … Read More